31% of surveyed Mac developers distribute their apps solely outside the Mac App Store
Using third-party stores
60% of developers are interested in distributing their iOS apps through third-party stores
AI & ML
44% of the surveyed have implemented AI/ML models into their apps, 39% are using ChatGPT for development
67% of the surveyed Mac developers use their own website to distribute their apps. 40% use third-party tools like Setapp, GitHub, QooApp, Paddle and others.
We asked respondents to pick up to three key challenges they faced in app distribution.
- App discovery
- User acquisition
- No recurring revenue model
- I don't have any challenges
For what purposes do you implement AI/ML models in your app(s)?
- Highly personalized user experience
- Enhanced security with facial recognition
- Enabling real-time translation
- Increment of automation level
- Automated logical reasoning
- Automatic reply function
- Search engine optimization
- AI & IoT amalgamation
- AI-powered chatbots